بصوا انا الموضوع ده جه في بالي وبصراحة فكرت في الموضوع ده وقلت اجمع لكم بعض النقط عنه من كذا حتة يمكن تفيدكم مش كدراسة بس كمرض ازاي تأخده بالكم منه وتشخصوه وتعملوا وقاية كويسة
نقول بسم الله ونبدأ Meningitis
Meningitis is an inflammation of the leptomeninges and underlying subarachnoid cerebrospinal fluid.
· Viral meningitis is the commonest cause.
· The incidence of bacterial meningitis is 2-3 per 100,000; vaccination is successfully reducing haemophilus and meningococcal type C infections
· Patients with CSF shunts or dural defects (e.g. staphylococcal).
· Patients having spinal procedures (e.g. spinal anaesthetics) are at increased risk and Pseudomonas species may then be the cause.
· Crowding (e.g. military recruits and college students) increases the risk of outbreaks of meningococcal meningitis.
Spread is via respiratory droplets, not aerosols, hence close contact is required for prophylactic consideration.
What are the signs and symptoms of viral meningitis?
A: Symptoms can appear quickly or they can also take several days to appear, usually after a cold or runny nose, diarrhea, vomiting, or other signs of infection show up. Symptoms in adults may differ from those in children:
· Common in infants
o Poor eating
o Hard to awaken
· Common in older children and adults
o High fever
o Severe headache
o Stiff neck
o Sensitivity to bright light
o Sleepiness or trouble waking up
o Nausea, vomiting
o Lack of appetite
· Prognosis depends on the pathogen, patient's age and condition, and severity of acute illness.
· Patients with severe neurological impairment on presentation or with extremely rapid onset of illness, even if treated immediately, have a 50-90% mortality rate and an even higher rate of morbidity.
Alternative – Ciprofloxacin
How is viral meningitis treated?
A: There is no specific treatment for viral meningitis. Most patients completely recover on their own within 2 weeks. Antibiotics do not help viral infections, so they are not useful in the treatment of viral meningitis. Doctors often will recommend bed rest, plenty of fluids, and medicine to relieve fever and headache.
A hospital stay may be necessary in more severe cases or for people with weak immune systems.
يلا انا قلت اكسب فيكم ثواب و يا رب يكون فادكم بأي حاجة
عدل سابقا من قبل Dana في السبت 14 أغسطس - 18:41:24 عدل 2 مرات